With Traci Lietzke
Workshop will start at 12noon and should finish no later than 4pm.
Cost is $10 for members, plus $5 if you require a plate. We will use Printbank inks.
Plastic Plate Collograph
Using PAL-Lite plastic plate to create a collograph (or collage print) using tape, gel medium, shellac, textures & incisions. Printing using two or more colours of ink.
Plastic plate can be purchased at Bunnings in the timber section
Or I will have small (just under A4 size) plates available for purchase for $5 each
- Design idea under 220mm x 170mm (if you are getting a plate from me, or to suit your size if you are bringing your own plate)
- cutting matt & cutting blade
- drypoint etching tools (Printbank has some)
- lino cutting tools (Printbank has a set to use if needed)
- gel medium (matt or gloss) and gesso (if you have some)
- PVA glue
- carbon paper or other transfer technique to transfer your design
- pallet knifes and paint brushes
- paper for printing 200gsm and above is best, need to be strong enough to soak
And any of the below you have available:
- Tape (masking, sticky, insulation, duct, textured and/or plasters tape) bring as many different types as you have and please share around. Have a look in the toolbox.
- sandpaper any grit and several grits if available
- any items with texture that are no thicker than 1-1.5 millimetre (fabric, string, cling film, yarn, dried leaves, feathers, lace, onion bag netting, egg shells and so on) search the house and bring whatever has a texture you like, can not be hard plastic or metal.
- Nail polish
- shellac (I will have some, but bring some if you have it)